Ok where do you put things.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok where do you put things.

Post by Cliff B on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 pm

I have had my Cali for a number of years and as I use it for daily driving to work etc I remove all items that are not fixed for the winter. Then in the Spring I look to replacing the ladder, Cobb, Taylor cover, Mutze etc. That is fine as far as it goes but what about clothing, food, and all the other parafanalia that we take. Do I use the space we have efficiently or do you have ideas that we all could benefit from. I would love to hear your comments and thoughts.
Cliff B

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok where do you put things.

Post by Californication on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 am

Cliff

16 views of your mail as I write and no responses, so here goes

- Mutze cap/Omnistor Sun+Rain blocker stored (stuffed) in with the seats in the boot lid
- Tools, Tempur pillows, pegs, mini chocs, lantern, rags/cloths on the 3 shelves in the rear cupboard
- Washbag/towels/pillow cases in drop down ceiling shelf
- Sleeping bags, mattress cover, silver screens, blankets on rear shelf
- Waterproof/fleece jackets in wardrobe
- 2 Outwell medium baskets under the bench - clothes on weekenders, food on long trips - ideal as can be packed indoors and easily transported
- 2 Outwell large baskets under the rear shelf - Crocs/wellies + bike gear (helmets/pump/tools/inners) - good for storage in awning also
- Pots/pans, crockery, Remoska in cupboard under hob
- Porta Potti in cupboard under sink
- Hook-up/trolley box/water bottle/brolleys/chocs under rear tray
- Insurance/travel docs in rear of driver's seat
- Kids DVD wires, plug sockets in back of passenger seat

Depending upon length of trip an awning/carpet/wetsuits/boards all need a home, but a box on the roof helps with that.

Cannot say this is the best way to pack the bus, but it works for us. Hope this give you food for thought.

Steve C

Californication

Back to top Go down

Post by califan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:08 pm

We chopped and changed where we put things for ages but this is our set up now:

Sleeping bags and duvets in drawer under seat
Coats/wet suits in wardrobe
Saucepans, plates, kfs/mugs tea & coffee etc under sink
Food in the left hand cupboard by the sink
Wash kit cookbooks , towels and waterproofs in cupboard in the boot
Clothes in a plastic box under parcel shelf along with vanorak and Cobb
Mattress topper on parcel shelf
Odds & sods in over head locker
Cable in chair in the boot
Maps and torches in passenger door
Wet wipes, hand gel, antibacterial spray & dust pan and brush in drivers door & seat

Everything else that we need for longer trips, comfy chairs, loo, awning, extra stove etc goes into an thule easy bag which sits on the parcel shelf.

I think that's everything

califan

Back to top Go down

Post by california180 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Californication wrote:
- Pots/pans, crockery, Remoska in cupboard under hob
Steve, we've just started using a Remoska with great results, how are you getting on with yours?......any tips study

Chris
california180

Back to top Go down

Remoska

Post by Californication on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 am

No real culinary tips to be honest other than keep it simple. We have 2 little ones so pasta bakes, anything with chips are always useful on cold days when away. I am more into promoting its use in the home with my wife in the summer rather than firing up the oven. Enjoy the cooking.

Californication

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBurkers on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am

Our's is rather full of children, safety seats and prams and things at the moment! I have all the kitchen stuff under the sink including an emergency day box for tea, coffee, oil, ketchups etc Enough to make a fried breakfast if we pick up a loaf and some eggs and bacon.

We look forward to the time we can off load the children with the 'rents and do some travelling, pared down style!

TheBurkers

Back to top Go down

Remoska

Post by Roxy2012 on Sun May 06, 2012 12:09 am

Californication wrote:No real culinary tips to be honest other than keep it simple. We have 2 little ones so pasta bakes, anything with chips are always useful on cold days when away. I am more into promoting its use in the home with my wife in the summer rather than firing up the oven. Enjoy the cooking.

Apologies for gatecrashing your Remoska conversation, however have just bought a Cali - and am looking to get my must haves. The Remoska looks good .... but as we are planning more remote camping and not necessarily hook ups - and bearing in mind i am a novice and don't have much experience with camper vans and electrics....

Can you only use the Remoska when hooked up .... or can you use it off the camping battery ... confusion is due to voltages....... i think ....... help !!!!

Roxy2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Durant on Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 am

Hi Roxy, a very warm welcome to you, we have just changed our cooking system from a Cobb, we havn't used the Romoska but I am pretty sure you need hookup, we really miss our BBQ when we are away so we have now gone for an "O" Grill, it's marketed partially by Marco Pierre White. take a look at --
http://www.heavenchef.co.uk/
There are several people who sell them though Amazon included, the price is from £90- £150 and they are made in two sizes the 1000 and the 3000 models, the reason for going for one is that it's a brilliant fully portable BBQ and it works off of the Cali Gaz 907 bottle so you tan take it anywhere, we always carry a spare 907 bottle so it's very handy. The idea is to use one of the cooking sheets on it to cook breakfast
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Rigid-Teflon-BBQ-Grill-Sheet
which simply lay flat over the griddle are simple to use and easy to clean,plus you can place a paella pan or a wok straight on to the O Grill too, just a thought!! Cliff

Cliff Durant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top