The VW California Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California

3 posters

Go down

Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California Empty Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California

Post by Mark Daly Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 am

Simon over on our Facebook site has posted the following....

Worthy of a heads up.

VW are sending out recall letters to owners of 2 litre TDi common rail engined T5's of a certain producion period. They don't actually specify which period or chasis number range, but I got my letter (from After Sales & Customer ces) on Saturday & mine is a 2010 vehicle.

Resonances in certain operating conditions could (in the long term) cause cracks on a diesel injection pipe. They state that although unlikely, in the most extreme circumstances, diesel fuel could leak if the pipe were to crack. They assure us this is a precautionary campaign only as no actual instances of failure have been reported.
(I have had an injection pipe come loose & leak on my Eos which has a similar 2.0 diesel engine - so there must be some history, as well as resonance behind it)
Mark Daly
Mark Daly

Back to top Go down

Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California Empty Recall

Post by vince Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am

I had my 60 plate Cali in for a service last week and I asked them about recalls, the service guy said there was nothing showing up on the computer yet. It might take some time to flush the older ones through first apparently.
Garage was VW Northampton.

Mark Daly wrote:Simon over on our Facebook site has posted the following....

Worthy of a heads up.

VW are sending out recall letters to owners of 2 litre TDi common rail engined T5's of a certain producion period. They don't actually specify which period or chasis number range, but I got my letter (from After Sales & Customer ces) on Saturday & mine is a 2010 vehicle.

Resonances in certain operating conditions could (in the long term) cause cracks on a diesel injection pipe. They state that although unlikely, in the most extreme circumstances, diesel fuel could leak if the pipe were to crack. They assure us this is a precautionary campaign only as no actual instances of failure have been reported.
(I have had an injection pipe come loose & leak on my Eos which has a similar 2.0 diesel engine - so there must be some history, as well as resonance behind it)

vince

Back to top Go down

Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California Empty Re: Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California

Post by SYMCRO Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 am

I took our Cali in for its recall check today. The fix for this one (which the garage I took mine to has had to do on all the vehicles it has seen so far) is to apply a wieght(s) to the offending diesel injection pipework to de-tune it's resonant frequency

Regards Simon

SYMCRO

Back to top Go down

Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California Empty Re: Recall Advisory on the 5.1 California

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down