The VW California Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leather Seats

2 posters

Go down

Leather Seats Empty Leather Seats

Post by steveh1012 Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 am

Well as the wealth of great info on the old site seems to have gone .... need to ask a often asked Question........ again lol!
Any offer a suggestion for a leather retrim company as my seats are Knackered :-) In the midlands would be great but i seem to remember a few folk talking about a place Nr Bristol / Portishead....
Many Thanks

steveh1012

http://www.bluemultimedia.net

Back to top Go down

Leather Seats Empty Re: Leather Seats

Post by Cliff Durant Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 am

Hi Steve Ian Butts from the Facebook forum has just had his cali retrimmed. It looks to be a spectacular job, Ian & Andrea live in Worcester have a word with them i am sure they will be happy to help. we had our 07 Cali retrimmed in leather and well worth it too, one point to watch out for is the wiring track of the heated seats, if it is not placed perfectly through the central core which enables the seats to spin the wires will be ripped out so when you pick it up spin the seats and try the heating element, I learnt the hard way !!

Cliff Durant

Back to top Go down

Post by steveh1012 Sat May 05, 2012 1:01 am

Thanks for the info Cliff. Think i'm going to go with the company in Bristol and elsewhere called Transcal they are known as a manufacturer of OEM kits and fitting for most of the main vehicle manufacturers.

I was impressed with the fact that they don't even need the Cali for a measure as they already have all the pieces pre- templated (wonder were Vw get the leather kits for the "factory leather") Rang them yesterday and had leather samples in the post today!! They are quoting 5 days to make and ship the seats and one day for the fitting at the workshop on Portbury Docks (the main car import dock in the UK )

Not a bad price either at just under a grand fitted ... I'll post some photos when its done

steveh1012

http://www.bluemultimedia.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down