The VW California Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location?

4 posters

Go down

Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location? Empty Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location?

Post by Peter MVR Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with their sliding door, electric engaging motor? Mine has malfunctioned and hense, although the door will slide shut and is lockable, it dosnt engage properly leaving a visible gap to the outside. I've checked all the fuses in both the lower dashboard area and under the passenger seat (none visable under the driver seat) without any luck. That said the manual seems to indicate a fuse for the sliding door in the under passenger seat array but i couldnt locate this particular fuse. Might anyone know where the fuse for the door motor is exactly? Any other suggestions would of course be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Peter

Peter MVR

Back to top Go down

Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location? Empty Re: Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location?

Post by Mark Claytor Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Peter speak to Andy, he will help you out

take care

Mark Claytor

Back to top Go down

Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location? Empty Re: Sliding door, electric engaging motor, fuse location?

Post by salpatcat Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 pm

I have exactly the same problem! How can I contact Andy?

Patrick

salpatcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Grover Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am

I had a similar problem while on holiday on Mull in May. I thought the motor had failed but eventually worked out what was going wrong. If one closes the door gently the copper contact strips at the front of the door touch their other halves on the door frame and tell the tensioning motor to close the door tight.If the door isn`t closed with enough force it bounces back before the motor pin has grabbed the door.The door is almost shut but with a gap all round. I you look at the door frame at the back there is a vertical pin which rotates through 180 degrees.This should be away from the centre line of the van when the door is open. If it isn`t then the above has occurred.We were camping in pouring rain and water was coming in the gap, so I thought sod this I slam it hard shut- and then it was ok. So if you have this problem make sure you give the door a reasonable shove. Hope this helps someone.Dave ,Harrow

Dave Grover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down